Neon Cuckoo Bee (Thyreus nitidulus)
…is a brightly colored species of parasitic cuckoo bee native to eastern and northern Australia. Like the bird that its genus was named after this species is a brood parasite and is known to invade the nests of other bees (mostly of A. cingulata) and lay an egg which when hatched will feed on all the provisions the other bee left for its young.
- The official name of a “Rollie Pollie” or “Pill bug” is Armadillidiidae (As in “armadillo”, a relation to the way both creatures roll up in armored balls as a defense mechanism)
- Pill bugs are crustaceans, not insects.
- They breathe through gills (but will not survive while completely submerged in water)
- They don’t urinate
- They can drink with their anus
- They eat their own feces
- When sick, they turn bright blue
- Their blood is blue
Bugs are so cool man.
ya they really are . Little cuties.